The pastor left his sermon manuscript in the pulpit. When the janitor found it, he couldn’t resist the urge to read it. He was impressed, until he stumbled over a note in the margin: “Argument weak here. Start yelling!”
About H.B. Charles Jr.
H.B. CHARLES, JR. is the Pastor-Teacher at the Shiloh Metropolitan Baptist Church of Jacksonville, Florida, where he has served since the fall of 2008. He is primarily responsible for preaching-teaching, vision casting, and leadership development – along with all the other tasks that are a part of pastoral ministry.
Prior to coming to Shiloh, he led the Mt. Sinai Missionary Baptist Church of Los Angeles for almost eighteen years. Succeeding his late father, he began his pastorate at Mt. Sinai at the age of seventeen. He regularly speaks at churches, conferences, and conventions around the country.
He is the author of It Happens After Prayer. H.B. and his wife, Crystal, have three children. His official web site is www.hbcharlesjr.com.
Entries by H.B. Charles Jr.
Recent Blog Posts
- Cancer Lady is My New IdentityDecember 11, 2017 - 6:00 am
- Christmas Frame of MindDecember 4, 2017 - 6:00 am
- Gratitude Regardless of CircumstancesNovember 20, 2017 - 5:00 am
- Arguing Can Be Relationship Power ToolNovember 6, 2017 - 6:00 am
- Rest is a Bold ChoiceOctober 30, 2017 - 6:00 am
- Be an Uber FriendOctober 24, 2017 - 6:18 am
- Why It’s Impossible to Always be NiceOctober 9, 2017 - 6:00 am