Are you acting like a loser? Does a lot of your life include fear, doubt, worry and discouragement? All that loser-living adds up to discontentment. And it’s not the way God intends us to go through our days on earth.
Very few (if any?) people have such great and perfect lives that they walk around in a joy bubble all the time. Stuff happens and can really bring you down. Little things that just really aggravate and upset your routine … huge things that catch you by surprise and knock you off your feet … this life is full of crap like that, right?
I released my book, Contentment Connection, on Amazon’s Kindle and had irrational fears that only three people would buy it. Come on, Diane, where’s your faith? It was such a relief that it reached the #4 spot on the best-seller list the first day. A clear example of loser-thinking. Have you ever had a party and felt that awful dread that no one would show up? #loserthinking They always come! Free food and good company is a big draw.
How about something truly awful … discovering a lump in your breast, learning that your spouse is cheating, losing your job … any one of those (and many other things) can cause all your faith and winner-thinking to evaporate. But the truth is: God is behind you with all His love, power and ability, regardless of the circumstances.
I know people that frequently fear the worst … what if this and what if that happens. They’re living like it already has happened, not enjoying the reality that the Bad Thing hasn’t happened yet and might NEVER come to pass.
I’m not just spewing a pep talk about positive thinking. This is a message for people who claim they believe what God says in the Bible. He says we’re not losers, we are WINNERS.
Here are a few nuggets to remind you of the truth:
- When I am afraid, I put my trust in you. In God, whose word I praise— in God I trust and am not afraid. What can mere mortals do to me? Psalm 56:3-4
- Blessed is he who has believed that the Lord would fulfill his promises to him. Luke 1:45
- This is my command — be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go. Joshua 1:9
- For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control. 2 Timothy 1:7
- I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world. John 16:33
- Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:4
Those aren’t just uplifting social media memes. They’re promises from Almighty God and words to live by.
If you’ve been feeling defeated, down or hopeless- read His word and embrace the victorious attitude that is ready and waiting for you. Live like a winner!